The Diaz Firm, PLLC, will hold your hand all the way through your personal injury law experience. Personal injury (PI) law covers situations in which a person’s body, mind or emotions are hurt, usually due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness.
It includes wrongful death: situations where an injury proves fatal. We will work closely with you and your family to determine the best outcome for you in your case. We have over 33 years of experience litigating PI cases before judges and juries throughout the state. We know what it takes to win for you.
Usually, a personal injury case begins when the injured person, known as the plaintiff, sues a person or business, known as the defendant. A personal injury lawsuit claims that the defendant caused the plaintiff’s injury and demands compensation, usually in the form of a money payment known as damages.
Although personal injury law covers any kind of case where a person is injured, some kinds of personal injury cases are more common than others.
Common personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents, including accidents with large trucks, motorcycles or pedestrians
- Consumer product liability cases, including defective products, medications and recalled products
- Injuries caused by animals, like dog bites
- Injuries from ultra-hazardous activities, like the use of explosives or chemicals
- Slip-and-fall injuries and other premises liability cases
- Injuries to reputation caused by defamation
- Injuries to mental and emotional health caused by intentional infliction of emotional distress or caused by a physical injury